I've always loved these dramatic moths - Nemophora degeerella. This is a male, sporting the longest antennae of all the UK's moths! There were several flying around together in one spot.
- Grey squirrel retrieving and consuming buried acorn.
- Large female sparrowhawk flashing past in the middle of the birch copse; pair grey partridge.
- Hoverflies: Merodon equestris; Myathropa florea; Eristalis pertinax; Syrphus torvus; Volucella bombylans (var. plumata); Rhingia campestris; Chrysotoxum sp.
- Snipeflies: Rhagio tringarius.
- Butterflies: Green-veined white; painted lady; orange tip; common blue.
- Ladybirds: Cream-spot; 24-spot.
- Hundreds of azure damselflies; 1 large red damselfly.
- Adder's tongue; star-of-bethlehem; impressive displays of flowering ragged robin & yellow rattle; blinks gone over.